All about fast treatment of alcoholism in the home
According to the latest Rospotrebnadzor, in our country every year from alcoholism die almost 500 thousand people. Shocking figure! From epidemics and natural disasters die much less. Such statistics clearly shows that alcoholism is dangerous and requires immediate treatment. Here only to specialists drawn only 1.7 % of people seeking to permanently stop drinking. The rest either do not consider it necessary to get rid of bad habits, or too shy to ask for help to specialists, trying to quit drinking vodka and beer on their own, at home.
Rules therapy at home
At home fast to quit drinking vodka or beer, but it must comply with the following conditions:
- At home treated only the first stage of alcoholism. Unfortunately, running the stage accompanied by strong physical and psychological disorders, and there no expert can not do.
- It is very important that a person suffering from alcoholism, he took the need to fight the habit. Forced treatment at home is ineffective in the best case, you can achieve short-term improvements. The right motivation is the key to recovery.
- To create the most comfortable conditions possible to protect the patient from stressful situations, which provoke breakdowns. Very important the support and understanding of loved ones.
- Alcoholism treatment at home involves a complete rejection of alcohol intake.
- Excessive consumption of vodka and beer and harms physical and psychological health. That's why the use of only one some funds is inefficient. In the treatment at home it is important to try different techniques: traditional recipes (decoctions, infusions), special pills, anger management, etc.
- Yourself to quit drinking alcohol only when you use methods with minimal risk (contraindications and side effects). For example, it is not necessary to appoint and to put a strong coding tool — it should do a doctor in a hospital.
To quit drinking, you can try two main types of treatment at home:
- To quit drinking alcohol at home with the help of drugs.
- To quit drinking alcohol at home using the recipes of traditional medicine.
Both these methods have three main goal of cleansing the body, removal of basic syndromes of alcohol dependence (e.g., nausea, headache, tremor after an absence of a new dose of beer or vodka) and relapse prevention at home.
For self-cleansing the body from residues of ethylalcohol you can use folic acid, activated charcoal or Enterosgel sold in the pharmacy without prescription. Recommended to take an enema, as well as drinking diuretics. Relieving pain and standard deviations are used medications, prescribed and in other diseases, such as sleeping pills for insomnia, antihypertensive drugs to reduce pressure, analeptics to relieve heart pain.
Drugs that reduce cravings due to the cupping effect of "pleasure" from alcohol, are means of "light coding". This Finlepsin, Diazepam, Pentobarbital, Lorazepam and Chlordiazepoxide. As a result of their use of negative consequences from alcohol consumption remain, but before them no euphoria and relaxation does not. Ideally, such means forming the patient's negative emotional associations with alcohol and thereby gradually reduce the addiction to vodka and beer. Disadvantage of these drugs is that they have a fairly short action and they need to take long courses.
Treatment of folk remedies
Among the many popular recipes highlight a few common prescriptions that cause aversion to vodka, beer and other alcohol, as well as help to strengthen and cleanse the body:
- A decoction of St. John's wort: four handfuls of dried herb pour a liter of hot water. Put in a water bath for approximately half an hour. Ready broth should drink for 2 weeks 2 times a day — before Breakfast and dinner.
- A decoction of oats and calendula. Pour 2 liters water into the container. Pour a third of the dishes untreated oats. Simmer for 20 minutes. Strain and add 100 g of calendula flowers which you can buy at the pharmacy. Wrap a container of broth with a warm blanket and let sit for 11 hours. Take a glass before eating 1 time a day.
- Herbal tincture. Take equal proportions of dried thyme, camomile and cornflowers. Cover with water in a ratio of 5:1. Leave on for 3 hours. Strain. Tincture you need to drink 2 tablespoons 3 times a day.
It is important to take these people's money for at least 2 months. Only such long-term self-treatment can help the individual to stop drinking alcohol and to strengthen the body weakened by excessive doses of alcohol.
Disadvantages of independent struggle with alcohol
Still struggle with dependence on alcohol in the home — not the best option:
- Too much potential for disruption. To abandon it forever to drink vodka and beer with the help of treatment at home is possible only one person out of a thousand.
- The lack of experience and qualifications. Unfortunately, because of ignorance, some are beginning to use methods that can harmhealth (e.g., therapy with herbs that are banned for human consumption because of some diseases).
- The passivity and lack of motivation of the patient. At the clinic people better aware that excessive consumption of vodka and beer dangerous to his health.
- The lack of psychological support. Even if loved ones are close by and help to quit the best of their ability, often this is not enough to make a person believe that he really is able to quickly stop drinking. This can help a qualified psychologist or people who are in the same situation.
Of course, these risks are not reasons to abandon attempts to treat at home. Still, some succeed. The main thing is to choose the method and follow the implementation rules of home treatment of alcoholism.
Finally, let us repeat our advice: it is better to discard prejudices and shyness and before you start to get rid of alcohol in the home, consult a physician. He will assess the condition of the patient, will help to create the right treatment program, eliminate the drugs and herbs which can negatively affect the health of the patient. Only such a comprehensive approach can provide a really good result and to help to end forever the abuse of alcohol.