When the pain hits me below the belt: pain in right groin in males
Pain is an evil watchdog to protect our health, and if he raises his head, you must think and pay attention to it, and not blithely dismiss the annoying barking. Today we talk about a fairly specific symptom is groin pain in men right side: causes, diagnostic methods and what must be done to those who faced her.
Why is there pain?
There are many reasons that result in men pain in the groin area on the right, among them:
- Inguinal hernia.
Nagging pain can occur on both the right and left lower abdomen. When inguinal hernia occurs weakening muscles, and ligaments of the abdominal wall and loss of bowel loops or other organs in the groin. Hernia can be visible to the naked eye, and can be hidden, but even in a latent form during cough manifested a protrusion or bugorok the abdomen.
The main danger of herniation is pinching of loop of intestine, because the clipped area may mertveci and, as a consequence, will develop necrosis. In this case, pain in the groin area are sharp and strong. This situation requires urgent surgical intervention.
For appendicitis characterized by gradually increasing pain on the right, which may radiate to the groin and aggravated by walking. If there is even the slightest suspicion of appendicitis, you should immediately contact the surgery. Delayed surgery leads to the development of peritonitis and death of the patient.
Dull pain right in the groin may indicate the presence of kidney stones. It is triggered by long-running, jumping and other physical activity. The cause of the pain – stone, which began to move down the urinary tract. Sudden very strong and sharp pain, which leaves in the pot, says renal colic. Usually appear blood in the urine and frequent urination. This situation also requires careful monitoring and sometimes surgery.
- Diseases of the genital organs in men.
Varicocele, benign prostatic hyperplasia, cancer or prostate inflammation, torsion of the testis, cyst of the spermatic cord – all these pathologies are manifested as pain in the groin on the right. Unilateral pain in the groin can say that inflamed testicle (orchitis). Besides pain in the groin, you may experience swelling, and increased redness of the scrotum.
- Genitourinary infection.
Pain in the groin on the right often indicates the presence of infection: chlamydia, gonorrhea, trichomoniasis. The man usually feels a burning sensation and pain inthe time of urination, appear purulent discharge, blood in urine or semen, unpleasant smell. Lymph nodes in this area are inflamed and enlarged.
- Hernia in the lumbar spine.
A herniated vertebral disc at the time of exacerbation causing pain in the lower back, which sometimes gives to his groin. This is because due to the inflammation is compression of the nerve roots.
Pain in the groin area in men is a serious symptom, because you need necessary to go on reception to the doctor, regardless of intensity and pain. Only a thorough examination, collection of history and modern methods of diagnosis will allow the doctor to determine the exact cause groin pain and prescribe treatment.
What tests need to pass?
As a rule, the doctor prescribes the following studies:
- Computed tomography, ultrasound of the bladder, kidneys, prostate, male genital organs in order to diagnose adenomas, inflammatory diseases, and urolithiasis.
- Examination by a surgeon if we are talking about appendicitis or a hernia.
- Determination of the level of PSA (prostate specific antigen) in the blood, digital rectal examination and transrectal ultrasonography of the prostate as the most effective method of diagnosing prostate cancer in men.
- MRI of the spine (lumbar).
- Biochemical analysis of blood, urine. These studies allow us to conclude about the presence and intensity of inflammation, condition of the excretory system and body as a whole.
- Laboratory diagnosis of infectious diseases of the genitourinary system (bacteriological sowing urological smear).
It is very important not to abuse the painkillers and not to numb the pain, because it is only removing the symptom but not the solution. On the contrary, thus hampered diagnosis and lost time.
Therapy for pain in the groin
Elimination of unpleasant symptom, pain in the groin area on the right, directly depends on the established cause. Just fix it, we'll have reason to talk about the complete victory over pain. Thus, the treatment may include:
- Surgery (hernia or appendicitis).
- Crushing the stones if the cause is kidney stones.
- Taking medications to help dissolve salt deposits in the kidneys.
- Antibiotic, antiviral drugs, if we are talking about sexually transmitted diseases.
- Treatment of pain associated with a herniated spine with muscle relaxants, anti-inflammatory, analgesic and chondroprotective drugs. In the case of large dimensions carry out a surgical operation for hernia.
Any appointments drugs makes only a doctor, he takes the decision on holdingoperation. Please be sensible and do not self-medicate serious illnesses, in any case, all folk techniques and recipes discuss with your doctor.
Inguinal hernia – what to fear and how to avoid
Very often pain in the groin area on the right tells about the hernia. When inguinal hernia there is a risk of pinching or inflammation, so pay attention to the following symptoms:
- The increasing intense pain.
- The delay of the stool, or blood in the stool.
- Nausea, fever.
If they occur, you should immediately call an ambulance, most likely it is an emergency condition that requires surgery. But even if the pain is in the groin area is not intense, this is a serious reason for men to go to a surgeon, because treatment of inguinal hernia is a surgical intervention.
Hernia ‒ probably male disease, on the one hand, because the inguinal canal in males is broader and less fortified, and on the other hand, the disease is associated with male and sometimes very heavy physical work. How to protect yourself from the disease? Here are a few simple recommendations:
- Lift heavy objects with care, use a special corset.
- To fight obesity, it contributes to the development of a hernia.
- No Smoking, monitor the health of the lungs, since a constant hacking cough can cause pathology.
- Sports, in particular to strengthen the abdominal muscles.
- Eat right, keep drinking regime, especially if there is a tendency to constipation, because straining during defecation also refers to the reasons for the appearance of inguinal hernia.
So, for men pain in the groin on the right is alarming. Do not turn off his painkillers, pass the examination, determine the cause and start treatment if necessary. The only way to return to a full and healthy life without pain.