An overview of the properties and contraindications in the application of Hypericum men
St. John's wort – a medicinal herb, medicinal properties which were known centuries ago. The ancient medicine men and healers used St. John's wort as a treatment for peptic ulcer disease, inflammation of the stomach, bladder, or prostate in men, and many other diseases.
Useful properties of the plant Hypericum is used to treat many diseases until now. In addition, St. John's wort is useful in that it has a strong normalizing effect on the nervous system and is an antidepressant. Today the therapeutic properties of St. John's wort is successfully used in folk medicine and in official.
The herb St. John's wort is very rich in biologically active substances, which due to the incredible benefits of the plant. These substances include the following:
- Pigment hypericin: it has a strong antidepressant action and promotes the synthesis of the "happiness hormones" ‒ serotonin and melatonin. In addition, the pigment kills dangerous bacteria and viruses in body tissues.
- The flavonoid quercetin: helps relieve symptoms of inflammation, has anti-tumor and anti-allergic effect, reduces swelling of tissues, spasm of blood vessels, normalizes blood circulation and is a powerful antioxidant and diuretic.
- Other useful flavonoids they contain the herb St. John's wort and they heal wounds, relieve inflammation, vasospasm and improve the functioning of brain cells.
The therapeutic properties possessed by the herb St. John's wort, used in the following cases:
- For diarrhea and inflammation of the intestine due to wagamama and disinfecting action of the plant.
- Bloating and cramps – grass St. John's wort inhibits putrefaction and fermentation processes in the intestine.
- Cholelithiasis and biliary dyskinesia – has a choleretic effect.
- In inflammatory processes in the gastrointestinal tract: gastritis, hepatitis, enteritis, colitis, cholecystitis, pancreatitis. In addition, the known benefits of the plant in peptic ulcer disease and hemorrhoids.
- As a vasodilator spasms of the blood vessels.
- To strengthen blood capillaries and their weaknesses.
- To improve venous blood flow and blood circulation in the internal organs.
- For the treatment of anemia, hypertension, migraines.
- In diseases of the kidneys, urinary tract and bladder. The known benefits of infusion from the plant incontinence.
- When inflammation of the prostate gland in men.
- In diseases of the respiratory system (inflammation of the throat, lungs, bronchitis, tuberculosis).
- Good medical results from St. John's wort receive with tumor processes – the grass acts as a powerfulnatural antioxidant.
- When depression, lethargy, apathy, fatigue and chronic fatigue. A huge plus St. John's wort as an antidepressant drug ‒ minimal side-effects and contraindications compared to chemical antidepressants.
- When inflammation of the gums and stomatitis is used as a rinse the mouth with decoction or infusion.
- Topically for various skin lesions – sores, ulcers, wounds, burns, allergies.
- As a means of increasing male potency.
Medicinal properties St. John's wort and their use in folk medicine especially relevant if there are contraindications to the treatment chemicals with similar properties.
Grass and male potency
Particularly interested in the use of St. John's wort and possible contraindications for the reception of men ‒ has long been noticed that once in a while to drink tea of this plant, men's health improves, increases the potency. The reason for the positive effects of plants on male potency scientists still don't can explain. There is only speculation that this is due to its anti-depressant and a vasodilator effect on the body. In addition, the plant has a positive effect in inflammatory diseases of the urogenital system (cystitis, prostatitis), which indirectly affects sexual function in men, increasing it.
However, despite the therapeutic properties of herbs, the use of it for men often contested. There is a perception that to receive St. John's wort in men there are serious contraindications. So is this really the case and if so, why? According to doctors, men drinking tea made from St. John's wort cannot be too often – it can have the opposite effect and their potency will be reduced. This is connected with the fact that getting used to regular stimulation is able to reduce the natural potency of men. This can lead to reduced libido, impaired erection and early ejaculation. Doctors recommend men to drink tea from St. John's wort 1-2 times per month – so the beneficial properties of plants will appear better, without causing harm to the male body.
Contraindications and harm
Speaking about the contraindications and the dangers of St. John's wort, you should consider the following:
- You need to remember about the frequency of use of St. John's wort – it can not be used constantly, as it can provoke allergic reactions, and impotence in men.
- It is not recommended to take St. John's wort for a long time – this can lead to the disruption of the liver and associated bitterness in the mouth, pain in the right upper quadrant, constipation and loss of appetite.
- Excessive consumption may experience nausea, vomiting, headache.
- Bannedto drink tea from St. John's wort while taking antidepressants – this can lead to the development of nervous disturbances, changes in consciousness, dizziness, and headaches.
- Contraindications to chronic kidney disease, heart, fever, and treatment antibiotics and cardiac drugs.
- The treatment with Hypericum from food diet excludes meats, marinades, coffee, chocolate and alcoholic beverages.
- Not recommended the use of herbs in acute inflammation of the kidneys and cirrhosis of the liver.
- In the use of infusions or decoctions of St. John's wort should be under the open sun, as sensitivity to sunlight and increased risk of sunburn.
Useful properties of St. John's wort is best manifested in the reception of decoctions, infusions or extracts. To prepare the broth to a glass of water add 1 tablespoon of dry St. John's wort and boiled for 15 minutes, cooled and filtered, after which take it 30 minutes before meals 3 times a day.
Infusion of St. John's wort can be cooked with water or vodka. In the first case, 1 tablespoon of herbs pour 1 Cup boiling water and insist for half an hour. Take 50 ml three times a day before meals. In the second case, 100 g of St. John's wort pour 0.5 liters of vodka and infuse for 10 days. After insisting the filtered solution take 40-50 drops 3 times a day before meals.
To prepare the extract, 4 tablespoons of Hypericum pour 100 g of 70% alcohol and put in a cool dark place for 10 days. At the end of this period the resulting solution strain and take 15-20 drops before meals three times a day.
St. John's wort – quite strong drug, because in its use we should not forget about the measure. In addition, you should ensure that you have no contraindications to receive. You must adhere to those specified in the recipes recommended dosage the duration of treatment and start receiving only after consulting a doctor.