What you need to know about symptoms of hydrocele in men and treatment options
Hydrocele in males ‒ a pathological condition characterized by the accumulation of serous fluid between the sheets of the membranes of the testicle, treatment is based on the testimony and folk remedies. In the andrology disease in men is common, the reasons are different, but despite the lack of pain symptoms, hydrocele is fraught with dangerous complications: impaired blood supply to the genitals and infertility.
A congenital form of disease often recorded in infant age, in men, there is acquired as a result of injuries, inflammatory process in the genitals and in malignant tumors. There are acute, chronic, single and double sided.
Etiological and clinical
Hydrocele in males – the disease arising from the violation of the main function, namely: a natural outflow of the liquid, which produces vaginal shell eggs for "grease." Symptoms be seen visually, diagnosis determining the cause of the pathology conducted by a doctor.
The reasons for the diagnosis in men hydrocele can be due to the more serious external factors:
- Orchiepididymitis, injury.
- Heart failure.
- Violation of lymph flow due to lesions of the lymph nodes.
- After operations for varicocele or inguinal hernia.
- Excessive excess secretion.
- Neoplastic processes.
- The reasons may be associated with filariasis, a parasitic disease caused by Wuchereria bancrofti (Bancroft's Filaria).
- Cirrhosis of the liver, with effusion into the peritoneal cavity, the sheath of the testes and the pleural cavity.
Based on the causes of the pathological state which symptoms and that showed diagnosis, the doctor prescribes appropriate treatment option.
The main symptoms of the disease in men are seen with self-visualization when the volume of the bag increased from minor to maximum possible. The hydrocele is the difficulty in probing the testis due to the increase of the scrotum.
In some cases, the size of the "pouch" men grow to the extent that:
- Prevent man freely to wear clothes.
- To perform sexual acts.
- Occurs involuntary urination.
- There are a dull, nagging pain.
- On palpation there are the symptoms of fluctuations.
- In some cases the body temperature rises.
When excessive stretching of the tissues symptoms of acute pain, there is a risk of rupture of the scrotum. In the acute form of dropsy which occurs due to the inflammation, there is an increase in one of the halves of the scrotum. Characteristic symptoms – a sharp pain and temperature. Diagnosis usually is not difficult, it is important to establish both the causeinflammation.
A hydrocele is a condition that is dangerous in the following complications:
- The development of orchitis.
- The occurrence of hematoma (accumulation of blood due to rupture of blood vessels).
- Spermatogenesis and the blood supply.
Any complications when running more serious pathological process. It is therefore important, as soon as the first symptoms of a hydrocele, visit the doctor-the urologist (andrologist) to diagnose and determine the cause.
What will the physician do?
Diagnosis of hydrocele is not too much difficulty, all symptoms are obvious, so the doctor will carry out an initial examination of the patient, where will take into account the magnification of the scrotum, in which direction shifted the egg and what changes can be observed at the diaphanoscope.
However, the hydrocele, accompanied by a large number of serous effusion, especially in combination with abdominal cavity will require additional diagnosis, identify the causes and symptoms.
The most informative method in the diagnosis remains an ultrasound showing the presence of the disease, and all structural changes in the epididymis and the testicles. Diagnosis is made immediately with the differentiation from temporary, tumors, spermatocele, varicocele and cysts in the region of the testis and of the spermatic cord.
In General, diagnosis includes the following areas:
- Visual inspection, palpation.
After diagnostics confirmed the diagnosis of "hydrocele", it is one of the important points – development of tactics of treatment.
To treat edema, including folk remedies, can be started only after examination by a specialist, diagnosis, causes and symptoms, and confirmation of the diagnosis. Other options, especially with the unknown-prescription drugs, grindings and other drugs not permitted as they can cause complications.
Non-surgical treatment involves two options:
- Puncture. Suctioning the content, usually has a temporary effect that lasts maximum up to six months. In principle, the puncture is more diagnostic in nature, when exploring the type of content. Conducted in elderly patients (subject to contraindications) or in cases where the patient refuses another surgery.
- Sclerotherapy. The operation combines the puncture with the removal of the accumulated fluid and the subsequent introduction of spectrapure-sclerosant that reduce the production vodjanovoj liquid. The effect is visible after 1-2 treatments, but prescribe only older men because sclerosant can damage tissues of testicles.
Based on the practices, many experts claim that drug treatments, and even more folk remedies, with the diagnosis of "hydrocele" does not bring any effect. Puncture with a needle and syringe has a temporary effect and gives a large number of relapses, although the operation and considered the most palliative with immediate effect.
Treatment with chemicals, forming adhesions that can lead to chemical burns, edema and pain. Extended operations (Winckelmann, Lord Bergman) is used, but at high risk of complications and bleeding in the outpatient urology they are rarely used.
Forever will help get rid of dropsy of the testes, extended operation in a hospital, followed by finding the patient under observation.
Use three types of operations:
- Operation Winckelmann – the tearing of the vaginal membrane and its subsequent crosslinking in the inverted condition.
- Operation Bergman – the complete excision and removal.
- Lord surgery – dissection with plication (folding) and using special sutures.
Experience shows that if you treat the illness in ways that testicle in men continues to operate in the former regime, the lack of the vaginal sheath has no effect.
However, as contraindications are intercurrent illness seriously (pathology of the cardiovascular, respiratory and other systems), what happens in older patients. When extensive edema for patients at-risk are used only for palliative care.
As complications in patients of any group are:
- Inflammation of the epididymis due to mechanical irritation.
- The bruising and bleeding.
- Swelling of the scrotum.
Therefore, during the operation about dropsy it is necessary to conduct a thorough hemostasis, drainage of the cavity. Although such complications occur in 25-50% of all surgical interventions, they usually resolve within 2 weeks, will sometimes require antibiotics or anti-inflammatory drugs.
Important. Any surgical treatment on the genitals in men should not trust random people. The higher the skills and the professional experience of the physician performing the surgery, the lower the risk of postoperative complications.
The prognosis for the disease is generally favorable, but in cases of prolonged compression at high volumes hydrocele may lead to the following changes:
- Atrophy of the testis and spermatogenesis.
- Erectile dysfunction.
- Necrotic changes in the tissues (with amputation of the testicle).
- Premature ejaculation.
Alternative methods: what is the result?
Treated with folk remedies becomesfashionable, modern experts do not deny its positive effects on the body in many cases. But always before starting self-treatment with folk remedies, you must consult a doctor to make a diagnosis, examine the symptoms and causes. In addition, remember that folk remedies can be treated only at the beginning of the disease, in advanced cases, the effect is negative:
- A tool such as agrimony, used as a lotion. 100 g of herb (dry) and a liter of dry white (natural!) wine let it sit on low heat for 5-7 minutes, to insist hour, drain. Use as a compress (wet cloth on the scrotum) 2 p. a day for 2-3 weeks.
- Clover, mother and stepmother. For tbsp to mix, pour 1 tbsp. boiling water, allow to cool under the hood. Infusion drink 3 tablespoons 3-5 times a day.
- Chamomile medicinal. Grind the herb in a blender, slurry spread on cloth and apply to the scrotum 3-4 p. per day. Well helps with bruising.
- Baby cream & calendula (ointment). Mix in equal proportions and RUB before bed every night for months.
Folk remedies treatment is carried out only under the strict control of the doctor-urologist and better as an adjunct to the basic therapy. Compulsory diagnosis, are the causes of disease and discusses the symptoms.