Learn about calcification in the prostate, causes, symptoms and treatment
The deposition of calcium salts in the soft tissues of the body, where salt should be present in undissolved form, known as calcification, or obyzvestvleniya. Such a process can occur in the prostate gland – calcification of the prostate, and the entities themselves are called calcification. So calcifications – breast calcifications are calcium salts (oxalate, phosphates), which are in the form of a dense inorganic formations appear in the glandular tissue of the body or in the excretory ducts. Where do calcification in the prostate, how to get rid of them and what to do to prevent them? About it in our article.
The appearance of the disease
There are several mechanisms for development of pathology such as calcification of the prostate.
According to one version, the calcification formed due to changes in the composition and consistency of the prostate gland secretion. There is an imbalance. It manifests itself in reducing the amount of citric acid (this substance prevents the formation of crystals) and the concentration of calcium phosphate. In addition, the stagnation of secretions in the ducts contributes to the appearance of amyloid corpuscles, on the surface which are beginning to Deposit of salt.
As the causes of calcification in the prostate is often considered long flowing inflammation. In this case, the body tries to stop the spread of infection by enclosing it home in a concrete "sarcophagus", on the site of the destroyed tissues appear deposits of calcium salts.
Another possible mechanism is the reflux (reflux) of urine from the urethra in the prostate gland. Such formations appear in the distal ducts of the gland.
After analyzing the possible mechanisms of formation of pathology, can identify the factors and causes that affect the appearance of calcification:
- sedentary lifestyle and sedentary work (worsens blood flow to the pelvic organs);
- irregular sexual life, which causes stagnation of secretions of the glands;
- improper diet: consumption of fatty, fried, spicy food (affects part of the prostate secretion);
- long-term inflammatory processes, including chronic and acute prostatitis;
- a urinary tract infection.
The severity of symptoms, indicating calcification in the prostate depends on their number, size and causes. If calcifications are small, they can be a long time not to be felt and detected only on ultrasound.
Manifestations of the disease
Specific symptoms is:
- Sharp pain in the perineum, radiating to the back, is one of the most obvious signs. Pain may be aggravated by prolonged walking, exercise, sex.
- Painful ejaculation.
- Cramps and pain inthe time of urination, frequent urge to the toilet.
- The appearance of traces of blood in urine and semen.
- Violation of potency.
If at least some of the symptoms described above appear, you need immediately to address to the urologist, diagnosis will be conducted, if necessary, treated.
The final diagnosis can be put only by the doctor based on a conversation with the patient, rectal examination of the prostate. But the most accurate diagnosis of calcification in the prostate is ultrasound examination (ultrasound) of the prostate.
Ultrasound is used to detect hyperechoic areas, which are the calcification, to accurately determine their size and location, the cause of. Also using such instrumental methods as computed tomography, x-ray.
During the examination the patient is assigned to laboratory diagnosis: blood, urine, semen.
Treatment of the disease
Treatment largely depends on how much calcification in the prostate concerned about the patient and their sizes:
- Active surveillance. When discovered a small education, which do not affect the quality of life, people are not concerned about the pain and other symptoms, the decision not to interfere and observe. In parallel, measures are taken to prevent the growth and appearance of new formations.
- Medication. If the patient suffers from pain, active inflammation develops, prescribe painkillers and anti-inflammatory drugs, antispasmodics. If the cause of the calcification in the prostate was infection and prescribe antibiotic treatment. But, unfortunately, drugs that would completely dissolve the calcification, no, some of them can only stop them from growing.
- Fragmentation laser. When treatment is calcification of the prostate drugs is not give the due effect, use a method of fragmenting stones using laser or ultrasound. Then the crushed parts of calcinate go along with the gland secretion. However, there is a danger in the course of crushing too large pieces, which can not pass narrow channels, will remain in the prostate and in the future will be new centers of crystallization.
- Surgery. The most radical method involves carrying out transurethral, laparoscopic, or open surgery, which resulted in calcification are extracted from the prostate gland.
The main way to prevent the occurrence of calcification is the elimination of the influence of those factors which have been described above, this means that you need to:
- eat right: eat more vegetables, fruits, herbs (especially celery), eat lean meats,seafood;
- to give up Smoking and alcohol;
- conduct regular sex life;
- to visit the urologist, to pay attention to warning signs;
- do not expose yourself to hypothermia, infection (that may lead to prostatitis, other diseases)
- lead an active lifestyle, play sports;
- in the case of inflammatory infections of the genitourinary system in time to receive treatment and prevent chronicity of the process.
Of course, the formation of calcification in the prostate is always easier to prevent than to go through a long and expensive treatment and feel the painful symptoms. Practice shows that constant adherence to the simple rules of prevention – the best way to keep men's health for years to come. I hope the material presented was useful to You, be healthy!