The description of the causes, symptoms and treatment frequent urination in men
Frequent urination in men is caused by many reasons. One of the most unpleasant symptoms – frequent night trips to the bathroom (more than 1 times), this leads to physical and mental exhaustion "catastrophic newsyahoo" of the body.
The urinary system is one of special day in norm the average person recovering to pee 5-8 times. But it all depends on many factors: individual characteristics, number of fluid intake, etc. if normal urination is disrupted, symptoms can speak about existence of various diseases in the body.
The basis of medical concepts
Per day healthy man secretes out about 1.5 liters of urine, approximately 75% of the drunk liquid. The remaining 25% come from then and through the intestines. Reservoir for urine is the urinary bladder, which is collecting about 300 ml of urine (average). The whole cycle urination can be divided into:
- Content (controlled by the Central nervous system and cells of the spinal cord, impulses).
- The selection (by collecting a certain amount of urine is the muscle layer of the bladder, the urge and promotion of the urinary canal).
The most frequent symptoms of disorders mochevyvodjashie and renal dysfunction:
- Pollakiuria (frequent urination in men, including during night).
- Nocturia (night hikes).
- Polyuria (excessive excretion of urine, painless).
- Strangury (painful urination).
In General, the change process of urination in men appears to cause various pathologies. Most often it is painless urination, but it is unpleasant in itself due to the constant "anchor" to the toilet.
Frequent urination can be a symptom of many diseases in men. In the basis of pathological process is the irritation of the urethra and the bladder neck, in these places is abundant innervation. Normal sensors or receptors of the mucus layer sensitive to hyperextension of the muscles of the bladder and provide a signal to the centers of the cerebral cortex, which are responsible for the act of urination.
With the development of various kinds of inflammation of these signals are false, so the body perceives them as the urge overflow urinary bladder.
Is estimated by doctors as a pathological condition, if a man visits a urinal from 5 to 20 times per day, including at night and during the day. The reasons (and specific symptoms) can indicate several types of this condition:
- A large number ofurine during active movements during the day (kidney stones).
- Frequent visits to the bathroom during the night (inflammation of the prostate, the use of diuretics or caffeine).
- Frequent urination day and night in men (neurotic condition).
- Infection of the urinary system.
- Prostatitis, a change in the composition (acidity) of urine.
- Benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH).
- STI (genital infections, chlamydia, gonorrhea, trichomoniasis).
- Urethritis. The main symptom is painful urination, pain.
- Hyperactivity of the bladder.
- Diabetes insipidus.
- Radiation cystitis.
- Reactive arthritis.
- Stricture of the urethra.
- Iron-deficiency anemia.
- Organic and functional damage of the spinal cord.
As you can see, the causes of frequent urination in men can be different, which is why self-assign treatment at random or on the advice of "knowledgeable" people is not worth it. Simple disease if not properly treated can turn into a pathological complication.
Symptoms of diseases in which there is frequent urination, can be of different nature, when referring to the doctor-urologist will be diagnosed correctly and treated. A man should pay attention to the following symptoms:
- Burning and tenesmus.
- Odor, changed color of urine.
- Itching in the crotch area.
- The presence in the urine of various impurities (blood, pus).
Specific symptoms in various disorders, which indicate a specific disease, "solve" only the doctor. On the basis of their identification, will be subsequently treated. The elimination of the reasons causing the original symptom of "frequent urination" is the basis of any therapy.
Treatment for frequent urination as a whole is not difficulties and successfully helps to cope with unpleasant symptoms. In the first place any treatment is to eliminate the root causes of the pathological state. Pyelonephritis antibiotics, in the adenoma – any method which will be effective when this condition (at the discretion of the physician), for prostatitis – antibiotics, massage, proper nutrition and elimination of harmful habits.
If the cause of frequent urination in men is a non-infectious nature, it is important to reduce the amount of fluid intake, diuretics to cancel, abandon alkogolesoderzhaschie drinks.
In General, the causes and symptoms of the pathological state can carry psychological, neurological and physical nature, the basis of this and prescribe the appropriate treatment. Comprehensive diagnostics, includingurodynamic and neurological examination, urine analysis and medical history, will help to correctly diagnose pathology and prescribe treatment.
When you first visit a urologist you need to be prepared to answer the following questions:
- Start time frequent urination what time of day is shown.
- What drugs consume the man.
- As appear accompanying symptoms (heavy, painful).
- The amount of liquid (alcohol).
- Is there a change in appearance of urine.
After the anamnesis the patient is a mandatory examination, and the diagnosis treatment. Sometimes, to eliminate the unpleasant symptom, it is enough to change your lifestyle or stop taking any medications. A good help in the treatment are physical exercises (Kegel) that stimulate the muscles of the bladder and urethra.
General advice on treatment for frequent urination:
- To prevent hypothermia.
- To avoid spicy and salty food.
- To limit the use of alcohol.
- To avoid stressful situations.
- To limit the amount of water.
- To train the bladder.
- Promptly treat any infection.
And yet it should be remembered that every patient the doctor prescribes individual treatment, based on causes of frequent urination, concomitant diseases, age and the stage of manifestation of the underlying pathology. Self-treatment almost never gives positive results, in some cases, traditional recipes can help to alleviate the condition of the men, but not to completely eliminate the unpleasant symptoms.