About the causes and treatment of frequent painless urination in men
Frequent urination in men is a serious symptom that not only brings a lot of inconvenience, but also may indicate the presence of a dangerous disease. When the urge is not accompanied by burning and pain, change in the color and appearance of urine, men, as a rule, do not hasten to address to the urologist, and this is a big mistake. Causes of frequent urination in men how to get rid of the unpleasant symptom as well as useful tips for life – all this in our article.
Want — can: what they say frequent urination in the toilet?
Frequent urination is not always a problem. If a person drinks plenty of fluids, consume the products and drugs that have a diuretic effect, or subjected to hypothermia, it is natural.
But if, regardless of the impact of these factors frequent urination disturbs for a long time, even if there is no pain, you should seriously think about going to the urologist. Here are a few signs that can have men problems with urination:
- If he is forced to visit the toilet more than 6 times a day.
- Waking up in the night because of the urge to urinate (nocturia).
- Difficulty urinating: sluggish, thin, sometimes intermittent stream, the need to naturopathica.
- Suddenly appearing strong desire to empty the bladder (urgent need).
- Feeling of incomplete emptying.
- A small amount of urine excreted in one urination (goes little and often).
So, when you see these symptoms, the first thing to do to a man – to go on reception to the urologist, then the doctor will collect the anamnesis, will appoint the necessary studies will diagnose and prescribe treatment.
That leads to problems?
Frequent urge to the toilet in men can be a symptom of different diseases. But why in some cases, frequent urination is not accompanied by pain, and whether in such a case to worry? The answer is simple – it is necessary! Because the causes of frequent urination in men can be very serious, among them:
- Adenoma of the prostate gland.
With the proliferation of the prostate is compressed, the curvature of the urethra, as a result, impeding the process of urination. Now, to "push" the liquid, the man must be constantly naturopathica. In the later stages of the adenoma in the bladder begins to accumulate residual urine, can join this symptom is pain. So, emerging infravesical obstruction (IVO) negatively affects the bladder: a stretching of the walls, permanentstress, ischemia leads to detrusor hypertrophy and increased excitability.
- Prostate cancer.
Cancer of the prostate is much more dangerous than adenoma, since it is of a malignant character. But, in the same way as in the adenoma, the reason of disorders of urination in men ‒ is the growth of the prostate tissue, the occurrence of obstacles to the current of urine, the appearance of obstruction.
- Overactive bladder (GUMP).
Clinical syndrome, which is characterized by frequent and urgent urination, including night. They often lead to incontinence. GUMP can be divided into neurogenic (causes – brain tumor, trauma, Parkinson's disease) and idiopathic (cause men infravesical obstruction, age-related changes in the tissues of the body).
Dangerous disorder. It manifests itself not only shortness of urination without pain, but also a strong thirst. Glucose levels in diabetes rises "picks up" the water and displays it in large quantities. So the body can strive to get rid of the extra sugar.
- Inflammatory diseases of the kidney (pyelonephritis, glomerulonephritis).
The disease is accompanied by frequent urination, with the characteristic symptom is the strong pain in the lumbar region, fever.
As you can see, a lot of reasons. It is very important to establish what is the "root of all problems" in a particular case and prescribe the correct treatment.
Diagnosis and therapy
Today in the Arsenal of the urologist has a huge number of fast and accurate diagnostic methods to identify causes of frequent urination. As a rule, are assigned:
- Computed tomography, transrectal ultrasound examination of prostate, ultrasound of the bladder and kidneys.
- Determination of the level of PSA (prostate specific antigen) in the blood.
- Digital rectal examination of the prostate.
- Biochemical analysis of blood, urine.
- Laboratory diagnosis of infectious diseases of the genitourinary system.
The urologist should also assign instrumental methods of diagnosing problems with urination, which is not accompanied by pain, to talk with the patient, presence of concomitant diseases, to ask about complaints, way of life, that is, to collect the anamnesis. Very often, when we are talking about GUMP, the patient is instructed to keep a diary of urination.
Treatment depends on what the diagnosis is. It can be:
- The appointment of drugs that reduce the size and slow the growth of adenomas.
- Cancer treatment with chemotherapy, brachytherapy.
- Surgery: removal of the cancer or adenomas.
- Treatment with antibiotics, if we are talking aboutinflammatory infectious diseases.
- Appointment of hypoglycemic agents for the treatment of diabetes.
- Treatment GUMP drugs from antiholinergicheskim action (oxybutynin, solifenacin), the use of collagen injections in the area of the urethral sphincter.
- Exercises to strengthen the pelvic floor muscles.
- Surgical treatment: intestinal plastic, myectomy (applicable in the case of GUMP).
I would like to remind you that all drugs only appoint a doctor. Self-medication is dangerous!
How to live with the unpleasant symptom?
In addition to the main treatment, there are a few simple ways if not to get rid of the disease, then, in any case, to improve the quality of life and to avoid unpleasant situations:
- Do not drink a lot of fluids before bedtime, on a long trip, an important meeting, in a word, when an unscheduled trip to the toilet will be completely out of place.
- Remember that some medications have side diuretic effect, so taking a new medication, carefully read the instructions.
- If You find yourself in an unfamiliar place, always ask where the bathroom is.
- Follow doctor's instructions, keep a diary of urination.
- Note: some foods have a diuretic effect (coffee, watermelon, melon, etc.), be careful of including them in the diet.
- Please note that there are special pads against incontinence in men. They are not as noticeable as diapers to absorb moisture and smell. So in any situation be under control.
- Perform regular Kegel exercises to strengthen the muscles (after consultation with a urologist).
Frequent urination, even if a man feel no pain, is "a disturbing call". Ask for help to the doctor, go research and get the reason. You must prescribe the treatment and You will regain confidence and the feeling of complete control over the situation both day and night.