The etiology of the appearance of blood in urine in men and the basis of treatment of hematuria
Medical term, which indicates the presence of blood in urine in men is called hematuria. Healthy human urine contains only water and waste products of the cells that get there with the help of filtration of kidney function.
Various reasons is a violation of the functions of education and excretion of urine, leads to the appearance in it of formed elements of blood – erythrocytes. This phenomenon causes the changes in urine color towards red shades and necessarily indicate the presence of pathologies.
The most common causes of blood in urine in men include:
- Infectious diseases of the bladder or kidneys.
- Kidney stones in the organs of formation and release of urine.
- Some competing kidney disease, such as inflammation in the system glomerular filtration of the kidneys – glomerulonephritis.
- An enlarged prostate that occurs in benign prostatic hyperplasia or malignant tumors of this organ.
- Hereditary diseases such as sickle cell anemia and cystic kidney disease – a common causes of blood in urine.
- Some medications (aspirin, penicillin, heparin, cyclophosphamide and phenazopyridine) ‒ able to cause an increase in the porosity of the walls of blood vessels in the kidneys men and lead to their partial destruction.
- Cancer education of different nature and origin in the kidneys, ureters, bladder or urethra.
- Kidney injury in an accident or due to excessive physical activity is a frequent cause, especially in sports activities.
- Closed abdominal injuries, the treatment of which must be done holistically.
In some cases, the presence of red pigment in the urine may be due to other sources such as food dyes and medications ‒ these reasons are also pretty common. The intense red color the urine gives excessive consumption of food beet. Change the color of urine that is not associated with the presence of red blood cells in it, called beeturia.
Blood in the urine in men – a sign of many, sometimes quite complex pathological processes that occur in the genitourinary system. On this basis, the diagnosis of hematuria is always comprehensive, taking due account of patient interviews, clinical and laboratory research.
Fence urine analysis – a procedure performed in the first place. Usinglaboratory techniques determine not only the character of the state and the number of red blood cells in the urine, but differentiation from baurii, treatment which is not required.
Urine men can include cytological examination, performed with a microscope to search for abnormal cells. The reasons for such examination cancer.
In addition, it often requires the biochemical analysis of blood. If the blood contains high levels of products of metabolism is urea and creatinine which should be filtered into the urine by the kidneys, there is reason to suspect pathology of these organs.
In addition to laboratory tests of urine and blood men sometimes require additional imaging techniques.
They may include the following:
- Computed tomography (CT). The method, which is based on digital x-ray scanning, which often determine the number of pathologies of the bladder, urolithiasis, a presence of tumors and other abnormalities of the genitourinary system.
- Ultrasound of the kidneys. Method to create an almost complete picture of the anatomical structure of kidney and adjust the right treatment.
- An intravenous pyelogram. X-ray study of the kidneys and urinary tract using a contrast substance clearly visible on x-ray. The patient is injected intravenous contrast agent is harmless to the body. 5-7 minutes is performed x-rays. In normal functioning cardiovascular systems and mocheobrazovanie contrast should be visible in the picture of the renal parenchyma.
- The cystoscopy. This test involves the insertion of narrow elastic tube with a camera into the bladder through the urethra. Using this method is a visual examination of the mucous membranes of the urethra and bladder.
- A kidney biopsy. A small sample of tissue taken from the kidney and examined under a microscope for signs of disease. This method is the first number for suspected cancer in the kidney and allows you to start the treatment.
Treatment with the appearance of blood in the urine is always aimed at the underlying cause – the disease that caused this disorder. After carrying out the therapeutic schemes generally requires additional blood and urine tests. With their help, specify the presence of traces of erythrocytes in the urine that the naked eye sometimes not noticeable. If therapeutic measures have not had the desired effect, the patient is sent to a number of specialists with the aim of finding abnormalities outside the urinary system. If this causes of blood in urinedetected, man put under constant surveillance. Every three to six months, a series of diagnostic tests, the results of which monitor the state changes of urine. This technique is particularly relevant in the presence of risk factors for cancer of the kidneys and bladder in men aged 50 years Smoking under constant exposure to certain industrial chemicals.
It should be noted that any treatment is not necessary if diagnostics does not identify any serious pathology.