Why do men feel pain when urinating and treatment of the condition
The pain and stinging during urination in men is a very unpleasant symptom that causes a caution to come to the door of the toilet, because every trip there is an ordeal. Not to mention the fact that the disease can appear throughout the day and night, which makes disorder in sexual relations. Meanwhile, if urination is accompanied by pain and agony, it speaks about the presence of men of serious illness.
Why is there pain?
Causes burning sensation, cramps and pain during and after urination is the inflammation, narrowing of the urethra or injury.
Such symptom often accompanies these male diseases, such as:
- Prostatitis. Inflammation of the prostate that occurs typically after infection. The inflamed organ squeezes the urethra, narrowing its lumen, so urination becomes painful and intermittent. More common in males from 20 to 50 years
- Adenoma. The growth of the prostate tissue, in which the prostate is enlarged, also begins to compress, deform the urethra. As a consequence, disrupted the normal flow of urine, there is pain. The disease is common for men over the age of 50.
- Urolithiasis. Under certain conditions in the kidneys and bladder appear calcification – stones. It can trigger the pain when urinating, especially when the stones start to come out, traumatizing the mucosa.
- Urethritis. Inflammation of the urethra infectious nature. In addition to cramps, can appear purulent or mucous discharge. The disease is easily becomes chronic, so at the first symptoms should immediately go to the doctor.
- Diseases, sexually transmitted. Among them, trichomoniasis, gonorrhea, chlamydia, and others. Manifest, usually in a few days or weeks after sexual contact. In addition to cramps during urination may appear purulent or bloody discharge, the temperature increase observed.
A disease, a symptom of which is a violation of urination, if untreated, become chronic, some of them can cause infertility or cancer.
Pain and stinging when urinating may occur in men after the surgery, after the installation of the catheter. However, over time with proper care and timely recovery of the pain goes away.
How to get rid of unpleasant symptoms
Before starting treatment, you should establish the reasons. This man needs to address to the urologist, to pass tests and undergo a full inspection:
- Computed tomography, renal ultrasound, bladder, prostate. These studieswill help to identify causes such as kidney stones and urinary bladder, adenoma of the prostate.
- Determination of the level of PSA (prostate specific antigen) in blood and rectal examination of the prostate. Manipulation is necessary in order to exclude prostate cancer.
- Measurement of temperature in the rectum, lymph nodes examination, determination of PSA levels, bacterioscopy, if there is suspicion that the cause of acute prostatitis.
- Urine analysis, biochemical blood analysis.
- Laboratory diagnosis of STDs (swab from the urethra to determine sexually transmitted diseases).
Depending on the reasons for cramps during urination treatment. Usually it is a long process. It involves not only medication, treatment, and diet correction, lifestyle change.
The basic directions of treatment:
- Antibiotic, Antiprotozoal, antiviral, antifungal agents for the destruction of pathogens, including bacterial prostatitis.
- Anti-inflammatory, analgesic drugs help to alleviate symptoms such as burning, pain, difficulty in urination intermittent.
- Drugs for the treatment of enlarged prostate, if the cause of discomfort in this. We are talking about inhibitors of 5-alpha-reductase (finasteride, dutasteride), alpha blockers (terazosin, doxazosin).
- Taking medications (including herbal) medications that dissolve the stones. In the case of large stones are appointed shock wave lithotripsy, urethroscopy other methods of treatment of urolithiasis: crushing and removal of stones.
How to avoid pain
Watch your health. Upset this complex mechanism is easy, but to recover after can be very difficult. Here are some simple tips for men, observing that you can avoid serious problems and waste of expensive treatment:
- Conduct regular sex life, but don't forget about the need to protect themselves.
- To avoid hypothermia.
- To lead a healthy, active lifestyle, sports.
- Regularly visit the urologist, to undergo all the necessary examinations and treatment.
- Drink sufficient water (about 1.5 liters per day).
- Eat more vegetables and fruits, avoid fatty, fried, spicy food.
- To avoid stress and overwork.
Not hurt also taking vitamin complex for men containing vitamins, antioxidant minerals (zinc, selenium, iron, fatty acids. These medications not only good for prevention, but can also complement the treatment.
Causes in men, cramps during urination are the most serious. You should not rely on self-medication orto think that "one pass". Find out the reasons, go through treatment and live, finally, a full life, free of pain. I hope the information provided was useful for You. Be healthy!