How to determine the white blood cell count in men: the norm and violations
Norma leukocytes in the blood in men is an extremely important indicator to determine the functional state of the immune status of the organism as a whole. The level of leukocyte cells is dependent on exposure to a variety of internal and external factors. For the identification of the content of leukocytes in the blood in men and the possible deviations from the norm carried out the appropriate analysis.
When the investigation
The content of leukocytes in men, and also their qualitative composition is determined using the General analysis of blood. Such analysis is an important diagnostic procedure. The fact that leukocytes have primary protective function, aimed at the destruction of foreign pathogens.
In addition, they are responsible for removing dying tissue of the body, protecting his damaged organs and tissues. The intensity of their production from the bone marrow men and the possible deviations from the normal parameters can indicate a variety of diseases and disorders in organism functioning. Thus, elevated levels of leukocytes in men in most cases indicates the presence of inflammatory processes and infectious nature.
General analysis of blood with a concomitant definition of the rule of leukocytes assigned patients suspected to be involved in the following violations:
- Inflammatory disease occurring in acute or chronic form.
- Destruction of parasitic character.
- Leukemia (and other blood diseases).
- Infectious and allergic processes.
- Pathology of bone marrow.
In addition, the General blood analysis is an indispensable diagnostic procedure that is carried out in stationary conditions when preparing a patient for surgery and to monitor the effectiveness of the therapeutic course, as well as routine medical examination and the medical Commission.
To conduct the study can be used as a capillary or venous blood. Rate the number of cells that are used by the expert interpreting the received results, contains a special table.
How to prepare
Correctly interpret the results according to sex and age category of the patient, the technician helps a special table.
The age of the patient
Indicators, billion per liter
The young man
The young man
Over sixty years
An increased level of leukocyte cells in men (fromnine billion per liter) is indicative of leukocytosis, which may indicate the following pathological disorders:
- Disease of an infectious nature.
- Viral and bacterial diseases.
- Lesions of fungal nature.
- Processes of an inflammatory nature.
- Myocardial infarction.
- The emergence of neoplastic tumors of malignant nature.
- Pathology of bone marrow.
- Radiation sickness.
- Burn injury.
- Prolonged, heavy bleeding.
- Traumatic injuries of muscles, joints and tissues of the skin.
- Poisoning the body with toxic, chemicals.
- The otitis.
- Renal failure in the chronic form.
- A diabetic coma.
- Inflammatory disorders in the region of the prostate.
Permanent increased amount of leukocyte cells in patients, characterized by predisposition to allergic reactions and diseases of an autoimmune nature.
To trigger an increase in leukocyte count following violations:
- Poor nutrition.
- Frequent psycho-emotional shocks.
- Excessive physical activity.
- Long-term treatment with antibiotics or glucocorticoid drugs.
As evidenced by lowering
If the level of leukocyte cells in men much below normal (less than four billion per liter), this condition is called leukopenia, which indicates the depressed condition of the blood and immune system disorders. According to experts, leukopenia can indicate the following pathologies:
- Viral hepatitis.
- Typhoid fever.
- Rheumatoid arthritis.
- Infectious diseases of bacterial nature.
- The syndrome of hypersplenism.
- Irregularities in functioning of the endocrine system.
- Autoimmune diseases.
- Inflammation purulent-septic nature.
- Malignant diseases of the circulatory system and bone marrow.
- Damage of stem cells.
To cause a decrease in the leukocyte cells in the blood in men can and other factors:
- Long lasting stress.
- Prolonged and uncontrolled intake of barbiturates, analgesics and cytotoxic drugs.
- Violation of the balance of power.
- The total exhaustion.
- Insufficient copper content, minerals and vitamins in the body of the patient.
Leukopenia is a very dangerous condition,associated with the weakening of the immune system. The result of the body's defenses fall and the patient becomes vulnerable to many diseases. Therefore, the patient mandatory appointed by immunostimulatory drugs.
Norma leukocytes in the blood in men is an important indicative value, which are determined by the General condition of the body, the normal processes of physiological and pathological character. Therefore, the General analysis of blood is mandatory diagnostic test, which is recommended to be held annually. Timely diagnosis of diseases associated with abnormalities in the leukocyte count, will greatly facilitate and speed up the therapeutic process.