The features of the best types of push-UPS on different muscle groups
Sure, push-UPS included in the training program, all of the men involved in sport and want to improve your muscles. This basic exercise is performed without any equipment – the load is only due to its own weight. Push-UPS is working fine muscles of the arms and back and uses abs and legs. Proof of the effectiveness of this exercise is the fact that all the cool fighters, athletes, bodybuilders compulsory doing push-UPS. So in any case do not ignore them – better to aim for high results and try all types of push-UPS.
In this article we will discuss the rules of the exercise, we will create a program where you can learn how to do 100 repetitions, and also will tell you about the different types of push UPS from the floor.
Why is it helpful to do push-UPS
The advantage of push-UPS is the fact that they are suitable for all, as they can be done out of a gym – do push-UPS in home conditions, even when the minimum free territory.
When the program runs, push-UPS considering the following muscle groups:
- The triceps is activated when the straightening of the arms, particularly the triceps receives load when performing push-UPS with a close setting of the brushes).
- Large pectoral muscles (if your aim is to give the load on those muscles, then focus on push-UPS with wide placement of hands).
- Delta and biceps (in the process of push-UPS they're used, but get less stress compared to the triceps and pectoral muscles).
- The gluteal muscles and the press (I work in a statics – by maintaining the right voltage when performing exercises).
No matter what types of dips from the bench, from the floor you choose, remember that only correct exercise can yield results. If you do it incorrectly, with errors, then you can only hurt yourself.
When the program runs, push-UPS, remember:
- On the correct formulation of the back. She should be straight throughout the execution of push-UPS should not bend or rounded, the shoulders should be strained to the blades, and not to the ears. Once you iscriviti the back, the weight will be distributed incorrectly. To make it easier to keep your posture constantly ensure that the core muscles, buttocks, back were tense.
- Pain and sports are not best friends. Yes, training should be based on constant increase of load, which is associated with discomfort for the muscles. You should feel the tension, burning, not sharp pain – it already signals some kind of "breakage" in the body, and before returning to exercisefind out why and fix it.
- Do not chase sports records, but feeling sorry for yourself is also not necessary. Increasing the load should be constant, but smooth. Should not be the first day of the program to try to meet once 100 push-UPS. To perform the exercises necessary approaches (with small breaks between sessions), gradually increase the number of repetitions in each of them.
- Not to forget that before exercise is necessary to warm up, to warm up the muscles. Our muscles are like clay – if they pre-stretch, to make warm, from which you can sculpt anything, if you try to work with the "raw material", the muscles simply explode.
- Pushups alone will not help. A weak cor — press, hip flexors, extensors of the tibia — prevents you from performing push-UPS. When performing exercises the body seems not only when muscles are tired-agonist (triceps, pectoral, deltoid), but also when they can not cope with the task of stabilizing muscles (abs and legs). It is important to perform a comprehensive program and work all the muscles.
- Too fast and too slowly perform a push-up is not recommended. It is better to do one repetition for 1.2–1.5 seconds. This time is considered optimal.
Consider the more complicated version:
- Increase the power threshold. To do this, start to use weights in a gym vest or CDs (ask friends or coach to set the pancakes on the back during your push-UPS). As practice shows, when you learn how to do push-UPS with weights 50 times, then regular push-UPS in a hundred repetitions will not be difficult.
- Remove the sketch reflex. During exercise the muscles in response to strong stretch reflex are committed to reducing and Vice versa. It's called sketch-a reflex. It we lose, if while performing push-UPS at the bottom completely will go to the chest on the floor and tear away the palm from the floor. This type of pushup to do much more complicated as increased mechanism of muscle and amplitude.
- Cycle leg. In the push-UPS can be very good to study the muscles of the legs, press and increase load on the Delta hands – for this you should try Dutch push-UPS (also known as "grasshopper"). The exercise is the following: in the bottom of the pushup hold, lift a couple of inches one foot from the floor and move it aside (do not bend). Return leg through the back, put it on the floor, straighten the arms. In addition, develops mobility of the hip joints.
- Exercise from the floor on just one hand. When performing exercises discharge is allowed one support leg to the side (otherwise balance will not work). Push-UPS on one handwell builds up the muscles of the shoulder girdle.
- Try the "American spin". Quite a complex exercise performed in the following way: the initial supine position, hands slightly wider than shoulders, feet shifted forward towards the head (the legs were slightly bent at the knees, and the pelvis elevated to the ceiling). On the exhale, lower your pelvis to the side (you have to touch the floor only one side, not to overwhelm), simultaneously bending your elbows. Return to starting position.
- Exercise from the floor with their fists. Is the same as the basic exercise, but the emphasis is not on the brush, and on the knuckle. You need to try to distribute the weight on the knuckles of the index and middle fingers, since they are the most durable. This type of pushups are useful to those involved in martial arts (more complex variant – push-UPS on your toes, but it is very traumatic and requires a lengthy training).
- Make Japanese push-UPS "uchi-Mati. Used for training judo and strengthens the extensors of the spine, glutes and entire core. As follows: in the starting position lift one leg off the floor, pull it parallel to the floor. Scroll down hands, hold up, lift your leg as high as possible, take the hands and return leg to starting position (do not touch the leg of a floor during the whole approach).
- Exercise with accents (this is a push-up is called "English" or "opposite"). In the initial position put one hand just above (shoulders be not on the straight and diagonal lines), and lift the opposite leg off the floor. Do not sit when performing descents and ascents. Such clamping allows you to load a direct abdominal muscle and hip flexors.
- Try Russian push-UPS. Unlike the classic push-UPS is that it is running with the support of the brushes on the front of you weight. When you fold your hands it is necessary to try to descend. Unstable support allows you to add the load on the shoulders and forearms, increase the rotation of the humerus, it is good to work hand capture (it affects the force of impact).
- Work the back with push-UPS "diver". The original stand – relying on hands and feet with a raised pelvis and his head down (in yoga this position is called "dog looking down"). Bend your arms at the same time and make a wavy movement of the body – as if through a gap under the low gate. Gently lower the pelvis and legs toward the floor, arching your back and lifting his head. Repeat the movement in reverse order. This exercise is very useful for the spine.
Finally once again please note: despite the simplicity of the program push-UPS, it is able to cause harm, if you do the exerciseswrong. Practice carefully, do not load the muscles at once, increase the level of difficulty gradually, and keep breathing. Exercise regularly, do not skip classes. The only way you will be able to achieve high results and a good pump with push UPS the muscles of his arms, chest, bark. Good luck in the sport!