In detail about the causes and treatment of dark urine in men
Change the color of urine in men is an indicator of changes in physiological state of the body and can be a symptom of any disease.
Urine from a healthy person has a straw yellow color. The intensity of the color of urine depends on its relative density and concentration of urochrome, urobilin and other urinary pigments.
Dark urine in men may have physiological and pathological reasons.
To the physiological, natural to increase the intensity of the color of urine, or hyperchromia, men cite the following reasons:
- Morning hyperchromia, when the concentration of pigments in the urine during the night reaches its maximum value and it becomes dark in color.
- Dehydration due to insufficient fluid intake, excessive sweating during exercise or in hot climates. In such cases, the number allocated urine reduced, the concentration of pigments is increased and the urine itself is dark.
- By eating certain foods containing coloring matter, men also experiencing dark urine. These foods include beef, beans, rhubarb, strong black tea, beer.
- Dark brown urine becomes the ingestion of pharmacological agents such as phenol, naphthol, cresol, activated charcoal, salol, Lysol.
In men, urine becomes dark in color in various pathological processes occurring in the body due to diseases of the internal organs and systems.
To pathological hyperchromia men cite the following reasons:
- Severe dehydration of the body in functional disorders of the gastrointestinal tract with prolonged diarrhoea and vomiting.
- Acute and chronic liver disease accompanied by jaundice:
- Viral, alcoholic or drug-induced hepatitis.
- Cirrhosis of the liver in which there is an accumulation of dropsical fluid in the abdominal cavity, which in turn leads to a decrease in daily diuresis and the increase in the concentration of pigments in the urine.
- Gallstone disease when there is obstruction of biliary tract calculi.
- Tumor lesion of the liver or pancreas, in which there is mechanical disruption of bile flow.
- Pathology of the kidneys and bladder:
- Glomerulonephritis, pyelonephritis, followed by the release of the urine of pus.
- Polycystic and neoplastic lesions of the kidney.
- Inflammation of the bladder – cystitis.
Along with a change in color of urinethese cases sometimes there is an increase in body temperature, increase in frequency and pain during urination, pain in the lumbar or sacral region. Upon detection of these symptoms should immediately consult a urologist, who will determine why there was a darkening of the urine, will help eliminate the cause of the problem and prescribe appropriate treatment.
- The metabolic disorders – hemochromatosis, tyrosinemia, etc.
- Hemolytic anemia, leading to gemoglobinurii.
- Copper toxicity.
- Diseases of the reproductive system:
- Inflammatory or neoplastic lesions of the prostate, where the urethra is highlighted in red blood cells, mucus or pus.
- Inflammation of the urethra, followed by the release in the lumen of the urethra of mucus and pus, from the admixture are experiencing dark urine.
- Inflammation of the epididymis (epididymitis).
- Injuries of the scrotum.
If accompanied by dark urine and shortness of painful urination, fever, you should immediately contact your doctor who will determine why the urine brown, and will take appropriate therapeutic measures.
How to fix the problem?
To identify the causes of the dark hue of the urine is necessary in order to assign adequate and timely treatment of diseases, and to eliminate the adverse factors that negatively affect the health of men.
Depending on the reason for dark urine is observed, the treatment of men by various means and ways:
- If the reason of darkening of urine to dark yellow or dark brown colors made by dehydration due to inadequate fluid intake or excessive sweating during exercise treatment will be to resolve the drinking mode. Besides, it is necessary to minimize the impact of the factors that led to dehydration.
- In cases when dark urine is observed due to the ingestion of foods containing coloring matter, or after taking certain medications, treatment consists of discontinuation of medication and exclusion from the menu of specific products.
- If a darkening of the urine to dark yellow occurred due to dyspeptic disorders, the treatment will be increased saturation of the body fluid. Rehydration therapy is done by oral taking of large quantities of water, and intravenous drip infusion of special solutions (sodium chloride, regidron, etc.).
- If the reason of hyperchromia in men are diseases of the liver, kidneys or genital organs, then the issue may be fullyto disappear only after conducting a serious, complex treatment of these diseases.
The main thing with the appearance of dark urine – the exact cause. If the discoloration is accompanied by fever and tenderness, and ocasinally urination, you should doubly wary: there is no medical assistance is necessary. Weigh the pros and cons of going to the doctor, do not compile it yourself and be healthy!