What causes and how to treat white patches on the glans penis
Often in the toilet, the man notices that the head of his penis appeared a white film. The first reaction is a natural fear, even in the absence of any discomfort is suggestive of a serious illness. How justified are such fears, which may occur white patches on the genitals of men and how it is treated, we will discuss in the article in order.
The etiology of the problem
Men white patches on the glans penis appears mainly in two cases:
- When the accumulation of smegma under the skin of the foreskin.
- At the occurrence of thrush.
The accumulation of smegma
This reason may be more physiological.
Smegma is a natural lubricant between the head of the penis and his foreskin, soothing their friction with each other and improves glide. This is the secret substance from the glands of the foreskin, dead skin cells and moisture that accumulate under the skin on the glans penis. Smegma is a whitish colour, thick creamy or cheesy consistency, fatty to the touch, and odor.
The production of smegma in males starts during puberty and ends only in old age. The peak activity of its formation falls on the period of highest sexual activity – 17-25 years. With poor hygiene excessive accumulation of this secret can lead to the development of infectious and inflammatory processes in the genital organs of men. Especially great is the danger of such an outcome when narrowing of the foreskin, which makes the removal of smegma can be difficult. Excessive accumulation and prolonged exposure of male lubricant under the foreskin can lead to inflammation of the glans penis, and even cancer. Scientists have found that the composition of smegma consists of substances that with prolonged exposure have a carcinogenic effect on tissues of the genitals.
In this case we are talking about the development of infectious-inflammatory process caused by introduction in the mucous membrane of the genital organs of fungi. Cause thrush, or as it is officially called – candidiasis, yeast fungi of the genus Candida. These microorganisms are part of the natural microflora of the oral cavity, intestine and vagina in women. Therefore, yeasts are located in the body of all healthy people, but the disease they did not cause because of a strong immune system and lack of precipitating factors.
To trigger the development of candidiasis in men may factors such as:
- The weakening of immune forces on the background of various diseases.
- Messy and long medications, especially strongantibiotics with broad spectrum of activity.
- Frequent and abrupt change of climate.
- Severe stress and mental overload.
- Chronic infection in the body (especially HIV infection).
- Hormonal disorders.
- Breach of the normal microflora of skin and mucous membranes.
- Damage or inflammation of the mucous membranes, accompanied by a weakening of their protective functions.
Under the influence of any of these factors, conventionally, harmless yeast fungi become pathogenic, causing in the genitals painful events. Contracting the Candida infection the man through sexual contact with an infected partner, very rarely through shared bedding or towels, but mostly it occurs due to weakened immune system and acquisition of fungi pathogenic properties.
Candidiasis in men is manifested by the following features:
- Head and foreskin swell, become red.
- On the head is a white coating with the consistency, in appearance resembling cottage cheese, and strong odor.
- During urination or intercourse, a man feels a burning sensation and severe pain.
- Severe itching the genital mucosa, sometimes with the formation of ulcerations.
These symptoms are talking about the acute course of balanoposthitis – inflammation of glans penis and foreskin. There are also signs of thrush in men appear not as sharp and bright as in women and often this is the reason they are delaying a visit to the doctor, which is very dangerous. If treatment begins too late, pathogenic fungi dwell already in the internal organs of the genitourinary system and the infection will spread throughout the body.
If the head is not only white patches, but also rashes, pimples, you should suspect the presence of venereal disease. The rash and pimples on the genitals can appear after unprotected sex as a result of infection of the genital infection. Pimples and rashes in combination with a white coating can be a symptom of syphilis – the distinctive symptom is the appearance on the head of a small ulcer and its imminent disappearance without any therapeutic manipulation. Any uncomfortable feelings are completely absent. However, this external picture is deceptive – it is so artfully behaves a bacterium that causes serious illness. Over time, all over the body spread the rash, which indicates the deepening of the disease and the transition to the next stage of development. When infected with syphilis needs urgent treatment, as his late start can lead to irreversible and serious consequences for the organism.
Another disease in which whitethe RAID on the head accompany the rash and pimples on the genitals is herpes. Become infected with the virus genital herpes male can as through sexual contact or through kissing or through everyday life. In addition, it often occurs with the weakening of immunity ‒ the same as in the case of yeast infection. After infection in men on the penis appear white patches, rashes of different nature – it may be small erosions, ulceration or watery pimples, very painful to the touch. After they are opened, the mucosa still remain painful and not healing ulcers. Body temperature increased herpes infection in the genital area there is a strong itching.
Pimples and rashes on the genitals can also accompany diseases such as psoriasis or dermatitis. Often along with skin manifestations on the glans penis is a white coating. In addition, the formation of white patches on the head can be due to infection with chlamydia or gonorrhea. If you found the head of the penis white patches, rash or acne, immediately consult a doctor for medical help!
If the appearance of a white plaque and inflammation of the foreskin is associated with excessive accumulation of smegma, then the treatment would consist mainly in improving the hygienic care of the sexual organs of men. It includes the following points:
- Daily washing of the head with warm water and soap.
- The washing head 1 time a day with a weak solution of potassium permanganate (must be light pink in color).
- Lubrication of the head on night 1% tetracycline ointment, or, better still, the drug "Malavit".
- If the problem is caused by phimosis, some men prefer radical treatment for this disease – surgical circumcision.
Yeast infection treatment aimed at suppressing the activity and eliminate infection from the source of contamination:
- You first need to change the diet to exclude sweets, alcohol and starchy food that will help to prevent the further development of fungus in the body. Instead, increase the amount of protein in the diet.
- Prescribed restorative treatment vitamins, especially from group b and vitamin C.
- Local treatment consists in treating the penis head and the foreskin 2 times a day cream with clotrimazole, which has antifungal activity.
- Daily wash the head of the penis with a weak solution of baking soda.
Typically, the recovery men is observed within 1-2 weeks. If recovery does not occur, then hospitalization is required the men to a medical facility. It is worth remembering the simple truth that the best way to be healthy and protected from diseasesit is time to prevent them. The best way to protect yourself from them is to adhere to personal hygiene and maintain your immune system at a high level.