What you need to know about the causes and treatment of diaper rash in the groin in men
Diaper rash in the groin is a fairly common problem that occurs in men of any age. But despite the prevalence of the problem, most often men prefer to remain silent and not to treat diaper rash, considering it too frivolous a reason for seeking medical attention. And in vain. Chafing in the groin often causes the man quite palpable suffering and discomfort, and if treatment is not started timely, the process can develop into more serious pathology. On the causes of diaper rash in groin in males, about how it manifests itself and how to treat it in this article in order.
The is called intertrigo inflammatory skin lesions mainly in the areas of wrinkling. Tissue is inflamed because of the prolonged exposure to products of skin secretions (sweat, sebum) and to friction of the skin. The main causes of diaper rash in the groin in men include:
- Hot climate with high humidity.
- Excessive sweating.
- Overweight, obesity body.
- Lack of personal hygiene.
- Insufficient drying the body after bathing.
- Poorly ventilated clothing made of thick and warm materials.
- An allergic reaction in response to exposure to household chemical irritants (detergents, Soaps, gels).
- Wearing underwear made of synthetic fabrics.
Chafing in the groin in men is manifested by symptoms such as redness and itching of the affected areas of skin, sometimes burning and pain. Clinical manifestations of diaper rash vary depending on the severity of the process:
- 1 degree is characterized by redness of the skin, the integrity of which is not broken.
- 2 degree: accompanied by the formation of cracks and ulcers, which in the introduction of pathogenic organisms cause the development of pustular lesions.
- 3 degree: sores and cracks are deep, bleeding on the surface of the skin plaque grayish in color with unpleasant odor.
To prevent serious damage to the skin, with the appearance of the first signs of diaper rash, the man should consult a dermatologist, who will prescribe adequate treatment.
Treatment of diaper rash in the groin in men is dependent on its severity. First of all, it is necessary to eliminate the influence of the factors that triggered the problem, and establish personal hygiene – use water treatments and cleaning hypoallergenic neutral means wearing underwear from quality materials to keep dry skin folds.
Local treatment of diaper rash 1 tbsp. of gravity includes the treatment of the affected places in the groin following drugs:
- The antiseptic solutions (10% boric acid solution onglycerin). They lubricate the affected areas before you apply the ointment. Have protivogerpeticheskiy, healing and astringent effect.
- Ointment "Desitin", zinc, paste lassara – lubricate the lesions 2-3 times a day. Anti-inflammatory and drying effect.
- Kseroforma powder dries the skin, it disinfects and promotes rapid healing.
- A cream "Bepanten", "D-Panthenol", "Dexpanthenol" ‒ eliminate inflammation in the skin, improve nutrition and accelerate the recovery of its tissues.
- Ointment Zhivitsa, cream La-KRI", the balm "Vitaon, have a complex wound-healing, anti-inflammatory and regenerative effect, soothing pain and reduce itching.
Treatment for diaper rash 2 article involves carrying out antibacterial, antiviral and antifungal therapy and antihistamines. In addition, the affected area is treated with a drying and regenerating ointments. Bring a good effect physiotherapy treatments (UV-irradiation).
Treatment of diaper rash 3. provides primarily antibiotics and antihistamines. Local treatment with ointments and creams in this case is contraindicated, as the hydration of the skin when applied will aggravate a painful process. The affected area is treated with astringent solutions in the form of lotions (1% solution of tannin, of 0.25% solution of silver nitrate).
It is worth remembering that well-timed treatment will get rid of the discomfort at the earliest stage, preventing the development of more serious complications. To prevent the development of diaper rash in the groin in men, observing personal hygiene, controlling the degree of humidity of the skin folds of the body, reducing sweating and using linen and clothing from quality materials.